Friday, August 19, 2011

The time is getting closer...

I must admit, I've been awakened the last few nights by some pretty crazy thunderstorms. I've then proceeded to make a laundry list in my mind of all the things that need to be done before the wedding. I've then tossed and turned and thought about all these things incessantly, ending up with a bit of insomnia for a few hours. Ugh, what a silly way to deal with things! So, I've decided to keep a pen and paper next to my bed, so each time I wake up, I can make some notes and (hopefully) fall right back asleep! Actually, the wedding isn't really the thing that's stressing me out. It's the whole "wow! I have so much to do!" thoughts that stress me out. You see, while we're planning this wedding, I am also training for the Philly marathon in November. I realize this sounds a bit crazy (I even think that myself sometimes), but my thought process is that by having a goal, and training for a marathon, I have no excuse not to run, helping me to manage my stress levels when things get a bit crazy. Right? Right. Haha! Both Alex and I are also actively looking for jobs, hopefully somewhat permanent positions, in other US cities (right now, Boston and the Bay, CA). So, about 10 days before the wedding, I have a job interview in Boston. That should be fun! And then sometime in November, I'll be making a trip west. Add to the job interviews crazy long experiments, papers to write, and literature to keep up on (my regular job) and things can get a whole lot of overwhelming really fast! I have to say that I'm so grateful to have the friends and family I do (yes, I'm talking to YOU!) because so many people have offered to help with anything, which has been so awesome. And I have to say, things aren't all stress and insomnia. Alex and I are so thrilled to open our RSVPs. We open them together, and somewhat savor it. It's so much fun to think of all the people we will see at our wedding, all the people taking time out of their busy lives to spend the day with us! It's going to be so much fun! So, for now, I'm making lists, checking things off, and thinking about what a great day our wedding will be!

1 comment:

  1. Dude! Marathon, wedding and job interviews?! That's really intense. Good luck with everything!!

    I hung out with your folks at Queso's beeday party. We had a good old time, it was really nice to see them.

    XXO

    ReplyDelete