Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Wedding Party


Matron of Honor: Randi
I have known Randi since I was 2 years old. We grew up on Janetwood Dr, in Oxnard, about 6 houses apart from each other. Growing up, I don't think I have a memory that does not involve Randi. I was constantly at her house, or she was at mine. We traded everything back and forth from toys and Barbies to sweaters and jeans as we grew up. We swam in the pool in the summers, trick-or-treated together in the fall. And Christmas always involved a trip to Randi's house, mostly to eat more and check out her presents. Randi has always been much more than a close friend. As an only child, I had no siblings, so Randi quickly became mine. We were constantly together, having sleepovers or talking about our favorite music or the latest gossip. We graduated high school together, and I was a bridesmaid in Randi's wedding. She has always been a source of constant encouragement, an incredible wealth of humorous stories, and the kindest heart I know. She has never wavered in her support of my goals, both professionally and privately, and she has always, always believed in me. When she met Alex for the first time, there was an instant repartee between them, a bit of teasing, and a lot of humor. I knew before they even met that they would get along swimmingly (and they do!). I absolutely cannot wait to have her stand up next to us at our wedding. 


Bridesmaid: Lisa
Lisa and I met when we were both grad students in the same lab. Lisa has been such a good friend, through all the ups and downs of graduate school. Lisa has always been a great person to work with, very collaborative (never competitive) As a friend, you couldn't ask for a better person to hang out with. Lisa is always ready to go out and do something - explore the city, get a drink, shop all day long! Lisa has been nothing but encouraging and supportive throughout the entire time I've known her. She has a wonderful sense of humor, and she's always honest with you, no matter what. She's incredibly laid back and and relaxed - until you turn on some salsa music - then, she'll never sit down! I was a bridesmaid in Lisa's wedding and I am so looking forward to having her in mine.


Best Man: Taylor
Taylor is Alex's younger brother - they are about two years apart in age. Taylor is just as stubborn as Alex and their parents blame them equally for any gray hair. Growing up, they both enjoyed camping and hiking with their Dad in the Boy Scouts and learning how to work with power tools as they remodeled their parent's house. Taylor lives in Colorado Springs with his daughter Kaitlyn.


Officiant: Joe
Joe and Alex shared the same group of friends in Colorado Springs, but somehow never knew each other until they were roommates in Boulder. Joe is an accomplished musician as well as a serious academic and  is currently beating Alex in the race to a Ph.D. at the London School of Economics.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh... Matron.
    Thanks for posting a flattering picture!

    ReplyDelete